Sunday, February 7, 2010

Worship


Today I got to go to this church called Vintage21 which I have been trying to go to for a while. It is really contemporary, and their worship team writes a lot of their own songs. The pastor was preaching out of Mark 8:31-38, and at the beginning he made the comment that our faith doesn't require actions to be pure and right. He said that there is nothing, no action, word, act of service or worship that we can do to lose or gain favor with God.

This was such an encouragement! My faith isn't mine to gain or lose! It is God working in me and through me. We were created for the sole purpose of worshiping him!

We sang In Christ Alone by Avalon and my favorite line from that song has always been "No power of hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from his hand. For I am his, and he is mine, here in the power of Christ I'll stand!"

I think often times I let Sunday be my only day of worship and let mtwtfs be about me. My prayer for this week for us is that we let EVERYDAY be about worshiping him and denying ourselves for him.
love, the j in jab

No comments:

Post a Comment